The advantage of 3D printing over many conventional manufacturing methods is that complex geometry can be built that would traditionally be very expensive or even impossible to achieve. However not everything can be built. The exact limitations depend upon the material and process chosen but the list below highlights some basic guidelines:
- Minimum material thickness = 1.0mm (can be as low as 0.8mm but only in small areas)
- Maximum bed size for 3D printing = 300x300x250
- CAD file must be a solid model
- Design with build orientation in mind
- Avoid overhanging geometry where possible
The above points are just shown as a guide to get you started. If you have a complex request or your component does not quite meet the above points, please contact us and we will try and resolve the issue.